“All you need is love. But a little chocolate
now and then doesn’t hurt.”
– Charles M. Schulz
Welcome to February everyone! As we continue to embark on a New Year, we all have time to enjoy a little indulgence now and then. As Valentine’s Day approaches the topic of love is thrown around a little more than any other time of the year. There are some very valuable health benefits when you open up to love of any kind, here are some of my favorite ones:
Elated mood levels
More Health conscious
…and one of the best ways to keep the LOVE vibe going is to make sure your hormones are working for you! At least 1/3 of the patients (including teenagers and men) I see have hormone related issues; zero libido, depression, weight resistance, fatigue, bone loss, headaches and more. This can be a complicated, costly and an extremely emotional journey for many! Continue reading here to learn about my S.I.M.P.L.E method to restore healthy hormones.
Do you want more energy, better memory an increased sex drive and the promise of better sleep? It may be time for a hormone makeover.
Our stressful life-styles, poor food choices and our increasingly toxic world are contributing significantly to the rise in hormone dysfunction, sleeplessness and acute depression.
Your hormones are chemical messengers in your body, which impact your ability to procreate, think, move, eliminate and to make lean muscle tissue, bone mass and so much more.
Correcting your thyroid and your adrenals are your first and most important step to achieving hormonal well-being.
Your adrenals are small walnut-sized glands that secrete many essential hormones including estrogen, progesterone and the vilified hormone called cortisol (known to increase belly fat, and keep you awake at night when you are out of balance).
When balanced these hormones help you sleep, experience good moods and live a more stable and fulfilled life.
Hormonal health and well-being is big business these days, and it can be very challenging deciding which path to take. Work with a qualified practitioner and take vitamins and minerals to resolve the deficiencies in your body that also contribute to healthy hormone production (ie zinc, magnesium, Vit C, B12 and B5, B6 and Vit D).
6 SIMPLE Self-Care Steps to Insure Your Natural Hormonal Bliss Daily.
- S-avor an organic, whole food, healthy fat, water-rich diet that includes lots of colorful vegetables and spices. I fully agree with many of the experts that you will solve most of your hormonal issues by staying away from all processed foods and DESTRESSING!
- I-mplement an exercise program that involves 20-30 minutes of aerobic and high intensity exercise at least 3 x week
- M-editate at least 10-20 minutes a day to calm your nervous system.
- P-LAY often! Get away from your phones and post-it notes and let go of the demands of your life.
- L-augh, Love, and Learn today more than you did yesterday
- E-ngage in healthy relationships with your friends, family, pets and community. This naturally increases a wonderful feel-good hormone called oxytocin (the bonding hormone that is an antidote to stress).
To work with Dr. Benson or to get help with your hormones, weight, energy and more we invite you to one of our weekly educational classes Tuesday nights 5-6pm (March-April) in the BOSS at Santa Fe Soul.com/BOSS which includes the use of one of our health technologies.